Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Direction Words

I'M TRYING TO GET THE WORDS BELOW TO APPEAR ON PHONE AND ON THIS SITE WITH PROPER SPACING.  

SINCE THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE HAPPENING EASILY, MAY I SUGGEST YOU JUST GO TO A PRINTABLE LINK OF THE DIRECTION WORDS

The following words are words that I have copied down from various test and assessments. I've looked at all the words the ODE has used and tried to incorporate them.
My theory is, if my students do not understand the words that give directions, then they will certainly have difficulty answering the question.
I may have missed a few, so if you can think of any words I may have missed, please let me know.
I apologize for the spacing. Even though it was typed in correctly it keeps coming up all strange looking. I could probably open up the edit html tab, and insert a table, sans lines, but....I need to do a bit more reading and really, I'm just 'kinda lazy and have not gotten around to it.

You can get a printable version of Direction Words by clicking through to google docs.

Direction words from Mr. Tayse

add              draw       cut              start                      

read             show        make           place                      
look                put               at                   count              

think               use           mark                  start                



answer            reread         write                  choose           

change            alter           copy                 begin          



describe          explain          show how         fold             
    
fill in              finish           join       listen               

subtract          cross out        arrange        color         



name              suppose         round off         combine       

contrast          complete        connect            multiply       

form               divide            solve               select          

review             replace          list                 match          

rearrange         circle             tell   number

decide             remember      pretend          imagine

find                 compare       study              rewrite

notice              skim    organize   check

evaluate simplify increase by     find

locate identify label            graph

estimate compute capitalize   study

underline attach observe

   

unscramble            observe investigate   
 


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment