Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Noam Chomsky



I only put this on my site because I probably, buy into most of N. Chomsky's theories, as to language, language development, and the teaching of reading. As a reading instructor I utilize some of his concepts  and they inform the way I teach reading.

He also writes quite a bit about politics and I pretty much agree with his theories and deductions about the political process and the social framework we currently exist in.

Again, if your interested you can start with his Wikipedia page, which is pretty long but has all the links you could possibly want to his writing.  I can't say it's all great because I have not read it all, but, in general, his is good to read.

Noam Chomsky's Wikipedia Page

Another good Chomsky read, is his public disagreement with B.F. Skinner's theory about language development.

The Case Against B.F. Skinner



The article is pretty rough on B. F. Skinner.  I've read and like B.F. Skinner.  A lot of his writing/work about  reward, operant conditioning, and behaviorism are great/should be required reading for all. The trouble is trying to explain everything with one theory, it's hard to do!  His book Walden Two, is more of a political/social piece, but it's also a quick and interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment